Crane Testing & Inspection Service
Ohio CAT provides third party testing and inspection service on mobile and overhead cranes according to ANSI guidelines utilizing state-of-the-art test equipment and certified inspectors. After crane inspection tests are completed, we will provide an electronic report. Upon completion of any necessary repairs, we will then issue certification.
腾讯体育• ANSI B30.5
• Operational & Functional Crane Test Inspection
• Visual Crane Inspection
• Magnetic Particle Inspection
腾讯体育• Dye Penetrant Inspection
腾讯体育• Ultrasonic Inspection Tests of Accessible Pins
For more information or to schedule your crane testing and inspection service, call (888) 595-8323.
Mobile Crane Test Inspections Include:
I. STRUCTURAL / MECHANICAL
A. Visual Crane Inspection: Complete inspection of:
1. Chassis: truck frame, sub-frame/mounting, steering elements, steering gearbox, suspension, drive line and joints, PTO, brake hoses/tubing, brake (Micro-brake) lock assembly, trailer hitch/pintle hook, electrical system, hydraulic/electrical components, exhaust system and cooling system.
2. Outriggers: pads, structure/welds, beam/housing, bolts, hoses, fittings, cylinders, check valves, pins and retainers.
3. Car-body: Side Frames, Crawlers: structural/welds, track condition, drive chain, sprockets, air/hydraulic components, bolts/fasteners.
腾讯体育4. Pedestal: mounting bolts/welds, pedestal structure, attachment welds/bolts/pins, hydraulic/air/electric swivel joint, hydraulic components, swing drive gear box/mounting bolts, and backlash between swing pinion/bullgear.
腾讯体育5. Rotation Bearing: upper/lower bearing attachment weld/bolts, vertical movement of bearing, and proper torque on accessible bearing bolts.
6. Hook and Load Rollers: clearance, roller path, hook/load rollers and brackets, shafts/retainers and lubrication.
7. Machinery Deck: A-frame structure & welds, structural/welds, walkways, railings, cab panels, guards over moving parts, hydraulic oil levels/leaks, air/hydraulic components, hydraulic cylinders.
8. Engine: condition of belts, radiator fluid/leaks, oil level/leaks.
9. Drive Train: gear wear, lubrication, guards, hydraulic components.
10. Drum Shafts: main hoist, auxiliary hoists, 3rd drum, boom hoist, swivel, etc., drum conditions, clutch/brake lining, clutch/brake components, ratchet-pawl/dog system, air & hydraulic lines/components, bearing block mountings & guards.
11. Operator Cab: gauges working, control functions operational & labeled, glass condition, door latches, fire extinguisher, rating charts.
腾讯体育12. Gantry/Mast: structure/welds – chords & lacing, pins & bolts.
13. Backlegs: structure/welds & pins.
14. Inner Bail/Outer Bail: structure/welds, sheaves, pins & bolts, bearings, and lubrication.
15. Wire Ropes (standing/running): check for wear & broken wires, lubrication, end connections, pins, clips, and spreaders.
16. Load Blocks: hook condition, safety latch, sheaves, bearings, beckets, clips, swivel lock and structure.
17. Boom – Jib – Masts: structure/welds, pin end castings, pins, bolts, keepers, lift cylinders, sheaves, rope guides, boom stops, wear pads & extension roller assemblies.
腾讯体育The visual inspection includes removal of inspection cover plates as necessary to do a thorough job.
B. Magnetic Particle Inspection:
All critical welds, plates and castings of items listed in Part A during the visual inspection. Magnetic particle is used to identify surface cracks on ferrous material.
C. Dye Penetrant Inspection:
All critical welds, plates, castings made of non-ferrous material and any area requiring verification in Part B. Dye penetrant is used to identify surface cracks and works on any structural surface.
D. Ultrasonic Inspection:
腾讯体育 All accessible pins including outriggers, pedestal, and boom. Ultrasonics is a test method used to detect flaws in pins. The pins being tested must be accessible, have flat end surfaces and not have grease fittings. Use of ultrasonics limits the number of pins that might otherwise have to be removed for inspection.
II. FUNCTIONAL and OPERATIONAL TEST
腾讯体育 A functional and operational test is performed to check the operation of controls, bearings, bushings, pins, cylinders, gears, shafts, air/hydraulic/mechanical components, holding valves, parking brakes/dogs, boom stops, angle/load indicators, outriggers, and overall operation of crane.
III. LOAD TESTS
腾讯体育 Load tests and stability tests are performed as required to meet OSHA/ANSI requirements or per your specifications.
IV. REPORT and CERTIFICATION
腾讯体育After test and inspection are completed, customer will receive a full test report on defects found. Once all out-of-service defects are repaired and approved (signed), a certification from Ohio CAT will be issued.
Contact your nearest Power Systems location for more information: Power Systems Locations